Our food safe Wood Conditioner is a great way to maintain the finish, condition your wooden cutting boards, serving pieces, rolling pins, butcher block counter tops, wood salad bowls and all things wood. Wood Conditioner will revive, condition and protect the surface.
Wood Conditioner is a special blend of 100% food grade mineral oil and 100% pure beeswax. The combination of oil and beeswax adds a protective coat and soft luster to the wood. We recommend applying the Beeswax with a soft cotton cloth.
It penetrates into the wood to revive, condition and protect cutting boards, butcher blocks, wood trays, and more. The soft cream penetrates deeply into the grain of the wood and leaves a silky smooth wax barrier. When using the conditioner, it is recommended that you apply it directly onto the wood surface and massage it by hand into the wood and let it sit overnight.
Caring for your board often with Wood Conditioner will protect the surface from bacterial growth, prevents drying and cracking of the wood adding a lustrous finish. Wood care instructions are included with your order.
Container size: 2 oz
Typically ships in 3-4 days or sooner.
Wood Care & Maintenance
All trays, kitchen accessories, wood accessories - cutting boards, charcuterie board, etc., are finished with Michael’s Wood Conditioner. It is a 100% food safe oil and 100% food safe beeswax mixture, all 100% pure natural ingredients. The Wood Conditioner will penetrate the wood and revive the surface as well as create a moisture barrier. Allow the Wood Conditioner, mineral oil or Walrus oil to penetrate through the wood fibers, overnight is best, wipe off any access with a cotton cloth.
When your wood seems to have lost it’s luster from normal use and the dry air of household temperatures, apply an even coat of Michael’s Wood Conditioner, mineral oil or Walrus Oil to all surfaces.
• Boards that contain resin are not cutting boards, do not cut on the resin. Use as a charcuterie board.
• DO NOT place any wood items in the dishwasher, DO NOT allow moisture of any kind on wood for a long period of time.
• DO NOT allow moisture to be trapped between the surface of your wood and the counter.
• DO NOT use a steel brush or scraper on the wood surface. Use 320 grit sandpaper to remove any dried food on surface.
• Wood Conditioner, mineral oil or Walrus oil will NOT remove food odors or food stains. Once food odors are in the wood they are very hard to impossible to remove. Surface stains can most often be removed depending on the type of stain. The process to do this can be found on my website.
• Knife marks cannot be removed, when cutting on your board, distribute your cutting over the entire surface so that your board will wear evenly.
• Store your handcrafted wood items in a clean, dry place away from heat such as stovetops and food products.
• If the wood gets wet, dry the surface immediately with a clean towel. Then allow the wood to air dry upright. Do not stack or lean wood against another surface while drying. Do not leave in standing water, this can cause the wood to warp, split and can cause discoloration. After drying apply Wood Conditioner.
• Apply a liberal coat of Wood Conditioner, mineral oil or Walrus oil frequently using a lint free cloth in the direction of the wood grain. Allow to penetrate the wood, overnight is best, wipe off any access with a cloth. DO NOT use vegetable oil, olive oils, etc., they will turn rancid quickly and permeate your wood with an unpleasant odor.
Just a note that I will gladly re-finish your board for you. Please contact me by email to discuss the options. MichaelsWoodcraft@Yahoo.com
We ship within the United States and Canada only. The total shipping cost is based on your delivery address zip code, weight of package, commercial, residential or extended rural residential delivery for ground service. If you would like a service other then ground, please let me know. We do not make money on shipping, the shipping cost we give you is what we have to pay.
We do not ship to PO Box addresses and we do not ship USPS. Our preferred carrier is FedEx.
NOTE: Insurance is available for each package shipped at additional cost but you must request insurance when requesting ordering details.